As I spend my time enjoying other people's blogs I have discovered a few little tidbits about the blogging world that bring joy to my heart. So I have decided to share....
#1. Don't you just love how when you are leaving a comment on certain blogs and you get to "choose your identity"? I love this. So if I wanted to be someone really fabulous and smart and sexy and good at math or a non-procrastinator or super-duper popular or amazingly clever all I would have to do is type it in the name category. I could even leave tacky comments on peoples blogs that I stalk and NO ONE would know cause they have that swell anonymous option.
#2. I really enjoy when you have to type a word verification and you get awesome words like scatif and verbla and nanlob and rumwex and other tasty morsels you can use in everyday conversation. ie."Cleaning the house makes me really nanlob." or "My brain is in a constant state of verbla."
#3. I love how people have those counting meters on their blogs. I think those people have a lot of confidence and I am secretly jealous. I would get one but I am afraid the lack of visits would make me blue.
#4. I have found I kind of get mad at people when they take a long time in between posts so I will shun their blog for a day or two. But I have found I can't stay away for too long or I miss them.
#5. I love when I un-shun(for all you Office fans) a blog and they have done a bunch of posts. It feels like Christmas.
#6. Sad to say but I am a comment whore. I love them. One day this person, whose blog I had been stalking for months and who is awesome, left a comment on my blog. I felt like the nerd who finally gets noticed by the popular kids at school. Then I felt nervous that I really didn't deserve the comment and that maybe I should apologize to that person for my crappy blog but I didn't want them to know I was a stalker so I didn't.
#7. I cry when reading strangers and friends blogs, daily.
#8. Sometimes reading blogs makes me feel envious, grateful, ashamed, amused, crazy, peaceful, hopeful, paranoid, chubby, lucky, confused, uplifted, inspired, lonely, alive, tired, excited and more.
#9. I wish I were a better blogger, person, sister, friend, daughter, mother, wife, Latter-day Saint, American, and human being.
#10. I think I have proven once and for all I am a nerd.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
19 comments:
Thanks for the un-shun. I love the office, too! And thanks for having such a wonderful blog. What did Jared do to scar Millie for life?? PS. My word verification for this comment is sorstsa. Sounds like an inflammation of my intestines.
uh...are you crazy. You blog is 100%thebomb.com. You just don't know how popular you are. All my friends up here in my turf love it too. Your like a celebrity. You just dont know it cuz they don't comment. Because then of course you would know they stalk you.
Does that make you want to post more or make you want to add a counter? Well it should! :)
I agree with you on all of those, except for the one that you don't think your blog is that cool. You are so dang funny! ps. the pic of you and Dave is great as well.
You are so right on all those, except about your blog. It is so entertaining. I love to read it! However, I think I am one of those guilty of not always leaving a comment.
That's so funny! I feel the same way about everything you said about blogging. Thanks for blogging again after your summer hiatus so I could un-shun you! It was so good to see you guys last weekend, we really need to get together more often! And now I will type my word verification...andialwo
My word verification is abomm.. as in "my a-bo-mm is rather large right now!"
You know what I like about blogging? That when my husband asks where I got an idea/recipe/joke/story/etc. the majority of the time my answer is "from a blog I was reading!"
You're going to bookclub, right???
I pretty much agree with you on eveyrthing in this post. I love reading your posts. And hello!! You're not a nerd! I think you're amazing! Imutalia. I think I'll add that to my vocab. :)
Ok, I am not stalking, you're on Carrie's and you had a new title. But if I burst out laughing tomorrow during yoga you know its becuase I'm laughing at your new vocab words.
(tanismen..its like talisman without the talis)
Seriously--WRITE A FREAKING BOOK! I love reading your blog because it's just so so so; oh who am I kidding I can't write like you, so I'll just say what first popped in my head. It's great.
I think you have the best blog out there, girlfriend!
now, to choose my identity and to type in the mystery word of the day:
"melypi"
nice
oh I have to agree on mostly everything you said-except of course-your blog-you are an awesome blogger. Yours is one of my favorites, because you are one of my favorites. I love the way you look at life-we can all relate-and you're just real. Not like most blogger out there that pretend they have all their crap together and this dream husband & dream kids-not that you don't, but you don't try to paint a false, braggy front- you're just real and that's why we all love you so much!
asati, my friend (that is the word i got for the verification thing). and, except for the whole crying thing, i'm totally with you on all this stuff. especially the commenting thing. i miss you.
shun. un-shun. I may have shunned you this summer, but I love you again.
do you know that your sis and I revealed that we stalk each others blogs? We're tight now.
"amakali"...sounds like a hero in the BoM...I'm so spiritual.
oh crap, I typed the last word verification wrong. Now it's "syneryst"
So true! You have a way of putting things so well.
oh,girl...I'm so with you on this post of yours....and also, you are not a nurd! And yes, you are very funny. so here...I am oficialy leting you know that now you know i read your blog....here...i feel much better now...i am not a stocker...
Lady, I Lurve your blog. You crack me up to no end....thank's for rocking it hard core with us a book club the other night. I just have to say this: I think the word verifications here are a little weak. I love when I am online shopping (which sadly, happens a great deal) and I come across a tasty little morsel of word verification like sasparilla or juxtuposition. My word verification for this comment is peagsti....and just what the H is that? It makes no sense. But I digress....your blog is the shiz and I think you are too. So put that in your pipe and smoke it. And now I've gotta go....my house is a "peagsti" and I need to clean it up.
So I totally think you could be a famous poet!! You have a way with words that is so inspiring..What a beautiful gift. Love, love, love your blog! It's people like you who make me feel so inadequate about starting a blog of my own. Yours is so thought provoking and makes one want to go out and appreciate life a little more-become one with nature. Mine would most likely focus on how many bars of soap I fed my children that week for saying the "F" word (fart that is), and the excitement I feel for grocery deals. Was great to see you. Let's get together soon!
your blog rocks my world. especially when you post new blogs of my adorable kin in halloween costumes. i bet that would be cool. seriously, your blog is rad and paople love you and it and all that it and you embody
look at that I am the 19th comment. i think the most comments I have ever had is like 9 and that was double what I usually get.. I''m jealous. Your funny and I love to read your blog (when you actually update) because it cracks me up. PS my word verification today is ciasompe.
Post a Comment