Hey Hi Howdy my fellow peeps. So sometimes I sit around and just wonder. You know about this and that and why and how and what the...? Sometimes I figure stuff out and sometimes I don't. Sometimes it seems like I just create more unanswerable questions. So if you have the answers to any of these questions .......well answer them, please, ok thanks. cough.
1. Why does Millie's top hair not grow? She is growing a sweet femullet that would make Chrissie Hynde jealous but I need top hair. I have all kinds of paraphernalia that only responds to top hair. What the?
2. Is America really going to change? How do I play a positive role in that change? Doesn't change start at a really deep personal level?
3. Why do I get so emotionally involved in certain T.V. shows? I actually find myself talking to, yelling at, pleading with, and chastising these poor folks(some aren't even real people) plus they can't even hear me. Am I an idiot?(don't answer that part)
4. What is the square root of 789,688 times Pi?
5. Is it odd that I obsess over my children's lives? That I am in a constant state of worry? About school, friends, their souls, their confidence, their lack of top hair? Is there a cure for this?
6. Are my eyes really going to fall out if I wear my disposable contacts for over 3 months?
7. Does anyone really like those Idaho Spud candy bars besides my husband?
8. If you could have one do-over what would it be?
9. Why is it that some people can keep their houses clean, be good parents, fulfill all church, civic and familial responsibilities and look good doing it and I can barely keep my peeps alive and shower daily?
10. Why can't I memorize my husband's social security #?
11. Why does bagged salad get gooey so fast and the uncut stuff last for so long?
12. Why do so many people I really enjoy have to live so blasted far away? Don't you people see how fun I am? Move closer. There are 4 houses for sale in my neighborhood. Is it really asking that much?
13. Why did the girl at the beauty school with the trembling hands give me a hair cut that would make a neanderthal man jealous and get away with it? I think her instructor was a tad-bit high. I know, I should have said something. But her hands were trembling and she actually curled my hair with the flat iron and I felt sorry for her.
14. Why can't I keep secrets? Like the one the little stick just told me. You know, the one with 2 blue lines?
15. Does anyone want to go to the Body World's exhibit with me? Dave is totally grossed out by the idea.
16. Does anyone know where I can get a great treadmill and a great piano for CHEAP? No, seriously?
17. What should I get the boys for Christmas that doesn't cost an arm and a leg but that blows their young minds?
18. Isn't life a trip?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
31 comments:
MARNAE! You had better not be joking about the stick with the blue lines comment because that is so exciting! Do you and Denise plan these things together because these kids will be the same age apart as Millie and Brayden! How exciting!
- love ya! Katie
PS if it makes you feel better I don't even manage to shower daily so you have me beat! =) sick but true
NO way!! i haven't even finished reading it. holy crap. congrats on the upcoming bundle of joy...condolences on the upcoming months...
p.s. who knew ty was such a blogger?
ok, I' going to go finish reading the post
haha- I'm with them...that's ONE way to make an annoucement!
As to Millie's hair...my baby sis had the lovely Bozo the Clown look til after she was 2. Very sad... :)
Congratulations!!! Another addition to the family ~ that's awesome!
OMG Congrats hun!!! I'm so excited for you. And don't worry about Millie's hair, remember JT he was bald till he was two. It will grow just keep that mantra true in your mind :) Love you all, hugs and kisses to the kids and hope you are feeling okay
Oh Marnae! I knew it. That's so awesome! What a cute announcement. I want to know more. BTW I call my husband on my cell phone every time I'm at the doctor's office to get that dreaded social. Can't remember it. For nothing.
1. i love that you think you're bad at stuff because you're really not.
2. you sneaky little bugger, congrats!
3. i want to see your face. badly.
4. i think i was a baby with no top hair for a while, too. i turned out all right (at least my hair did).
NUH-UH!!!! YEAH!!! Iam smiling so big and my kids are wondering why! Congrats! Let me know if I can help at all. I love this post!
You're hilarious, I love how you threw #14 in there. CONGRATS!!
Congrats; congrats! So excited for you. I too have a hard time keeping a secret, unless my husband threatens me, than I feel like I have to or I'm a traitor--my hubby is super private about certain things.
Anyway, I too love Idaho Spud bars they're great! YUM, after puking for a day, that sounds really good. :)
I wish I had more answers than just one, but that's all I got.
Congratulations Marnae! I'm guessing the showering thing will just lose momentum from here though...
you are hilarious. i can always count on your blog to make me really, truly, heartily laugh. you are a joy!
Geez Marnae.....you really ARE a comment whore. Nothing like slipping in an announcement like that to get the comments rolling! Congrats!!!!
1. Don't worry about the top hair so much. If you build it, it will come.....or something to that extent. No seriously, my child that had a mullet when she was a wee lass is now my child with the thickest, most beautiful hair. No lie. Patience grasshopper....
2. They make a candy bar called Idaho Spud?????? Who knew.
3. I can't think about do-overs. Whatever will be will be....or something wise like that.
4. Just ask my husband how many times I've called him in a pinch asking for his SS#.
5. Someone once told me to wrap your salad in paper towels to absorb the water....then it will last FOREVER. I have yet to try it.
6. I have six houses for sale in my hood....wanna move?
7. I am trying to make my comments as long as your post. Am I there yet?
8. NO MORE BEAUTY SCHOOLS.
9. KSL and Craigslist, baby. You can find anything there.
10. Congrats again....so excited to see you at the next book club!
Congrats Marnae!! That's awesome news about a new little baby - maybe another Millie with no top hair? :) You rock!
ps - i also want to go to body worlds.
MARNAE! I'm so excited for you! Are you really Pregnant? Congrats!!! I've been wanting to go to body worlds since it opened, so let's go! Kevin also loves the Idaho spuds, and I don't know why, maybe if you're from Idaho they taste better?
Marnae---Oh I am so, so happy and excited for you. OH sweet MAMA!
You are the greatest. I have to confess I like Idaho-spuds too.
Yea for you! Could I be any dumber?! It took me a while to get that. Congrats though!
And I'm sure the moving comment was not really meant for me but I will pretend and feel really loved.
Mandee
Woo-Hoo! Congratulations! I'm not the only crazy one doing this again. When are you due? Hope you're feeling good. I'm doing so much better this time around.
As for queston #5, if you ever find the cure please let me know. And #9, Amen.
Congrats on your little stick with the two blue lines! But sorry it will cause you to sweat like a man for the next 9 months in yoga! Thanks for covering me the other day. What an idiot I am? Could that have been any more embarrasing.
As for Millies femullet. I think it is the sweetest one I have ever seen and that she is super cute. Whenever I see her, it makes me want to have a girl. And that doesn't happen too often. She is too cute!
By the way... you need to get a videophone so you can see all those fun people who live so far away. I am coming over to show you how great it is!!!
Yea Dave I like Idaho spuds too!!!congrats on the two blue lines..
WOW! now thats the way to make an announcement, just randomly throw it in their for full shock value. That is so exciting! Nothing better than a new little one to love.
We too struggle with the femullet. In my mind I just keep hoping bangs stay in style for a while. Then when Lucy's hair grows long she might have grown bangs by then....maybe? You should tell yourself that plan it makes you feel better. Millie is adorable top hair and all!
As for the tutu's they are pretty old from when Ellie was little. But I know you can get them at different dance places or sometimes boutiques.
Congrats! I am so excited for you!
As for Millie's hair...have you noticed my little girl's hair? G is almost 8 and STILL has no hair on top. Hopefully Millie will fair better than they have! We are STILL waiting for O to get bangs, and she is 5.
You are so great! Let's definitely get together like we talked about! Call me!
Also, I am going to body world again with my extended family. You are welcome to come along!
Yipee! You are a very sneaky lady indeed! Congrats! When are you due? Hopefully I will see your cute little family in a few weeks at Thanksgiving. My kids are missing their "cousins!"
What a sweet post. The Payson Clarks are sooo stoked for you guys. Huge congrats and WE NEED TO GET TOGETHER.
Sheesh, we live in the same city for cryin' out loud.
What are you doing this week?
I'm soooo freakin' stoked for you, seriously. Best news of the week!!!!
good job, girlfriend!!
knew you could do it!!!
:)
Marnae (this is my first comment on a blog) Wooo-hoooo! I'm so excited for you. How did I not hear in the last week? When does that put your due date? How far will the spread be between femullet and #4? Her hair is so cute, by the way. Congrats, congrats, congrats. Hope you are feeling well. Tori
Oh, Marnae! I just checked your blog for the first time in FOREVER... and what a great time to do it! Congratulations on the two blue lines!
Amy Parker
one more week, one more week until I can be around your coolness more regularly...I can hardly wait. And yes, I like those Idaho Spud bars too. Might be a Bake thing. And if you find a cure for slow growing top hair let Emily know.
~Shell
oh, man congrats on the little addition to-be-soon...
TWO blue lines? Really? Congrats!
Ever checked into buying a piano through the schools? They usually sell their used ones (sometimes only a year or so old) for a good price and they are supposedly good piano's.
Congratulations! I am so excited for you. I don't know what it is about your blog, but everytime I look at it I end up getting teary and laughing hysterically. We are coming to Utah for Christmas, I don't know who is going to be in town but we HAVE to get together!! Congrats again, love ya!
Post a Comment