Monday, November 24, 2008

About a Boy

On November 23, 1999 I welcomed to the world(after 17 hours of labor, 3 hours pushing, 4.9 doctors with their hands in my particulars trying to remove his head from my pelvis, me screaming "don't cut my stomach, rip him out of my particulars!", and a forceps delivery)my first born, Henry. As I held him he stared straight into my eyes with a look that could have only said "don't screw this up lady, seriously." And I was hooked, gaga, madly in love, in awe and thrilled. On November 23, 2008 he turned 9. After going to bed early the night before(he was so excited) he woke up, popped into my room and looked straight into my eyes with a look that could only mean, "we have gotten this far, don't screw this up lady, no really." And I realize I am even more hooked, gaga, madly in love, in awe and thrilled. He is a keeper. An amazing person. A fantastic brother. An artist. A kind and devoted son. The only person I know who laughs clear to his toes, often. A wit, an intellect, a goof, and a pal. He is adventurous and easy going. Hardworking, conscientious, and eager. My first born, my Henry. I know he was sent straight from heaven to me and I love. love, love the boy he is. Happy Birthday Henry and thank you for all that you add to my life.(a lot, buddy, a lot.)

Please mom come out of your pregnancy-induced stupor and let me open presents.


I am the Lord of all Bionicles(seriously the boy loves them and has since he was tiny)

Watch as this pig is devoured

I am 9 and awesome

My mom sure makes a mean carrot cake(his choice)P.S. what the H is that chair doing blocking the action?

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

awww...what happened to the pictures? i got soooo excited. and then a little let down. but i forgive you because you make me laugh. regularly. it's another kind of "regular" i need in my life.

ps...your word verification is "bummetch". but i first read it as "bummtech". and i laughed. but then i realized i was kind of dumb, and i laughed some more.

Anonymous said...

ps again..."bummetch"!?!?!?! EVEN FUNNIER that i didn't notice it was funny!

Kaci said...

Totally loving that post...but what I'm loving even more is the secret you let spill in the last one!!!! Yes, I'm a little slow! So excited to chat with you about it at book club! Congrats!

M to the E to the R to the I said...

Hey!
I am going private with my blog, so email me your email address so I can invite you to look at it!
meri@landmarkexcavating.com

DebLawson said...

Happy Birthday, Henry. He is a very special boy, that's for sure. I hope he has a wonderful year being 9!

Looking at these pictures reminds me of several of Chloe's b-days. I remember her turning 9, then 10, then 11...... and now, as we all know, she is the ripe old age of 16! Sometimes I wonder how we got to this point in our lives so quickly ? How did she grow up so dang fast!? I mean, she was so totally 9 just the other day, ya know?!
I guess what I am trying to say is... love your 9 year old, and love him good!! 'cause in just a few seconds he's going to be 16 and at a school dance in Spanish Fork! ;)
love ya girlfriend...

Maria said...

You make me laugh. I hope you don't mind that we have been spying on your blog. I finally decided to make one. You can check it out at
http://parmafarmers.blogspot.com/
By the way, congrats on the fantastic news. Hope to see you guys next time you're in Parma.

Miller Time!!! said...

Hey, Blaise and I love Henry's birthday pictures! happy birthday Henry!
aunt liz & Cousin blaise