Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Gobble gobbledy goo!

This year was special. This year for about 3 weeks I thought that I would be having Thanksgiving at my home with my family. I know, sounds beautiful. But in my mind it was not sounding beautiful at all. Come inside my head for one second...Dave-doing all of the cooking, me doing all of the clean-up, the kids being the kids. When the meal(delish) is done, said husband heads downstairs to relax, said kids head downstairs for some Wii time, me alone. No one to chat with and play a rousing game of Phase Ten with, no one to complain to about holiday weight gain, no Black Friday plans, BOO HISS. But wait, that is not what happened at all. No no my friends we spent 4 glorious days in Parma, ID. Basking in the joys of family, food, and fun. Truly a great Thanksgiving. There was eating and sleeping and running in the empty canal. There were cousins and new babies and old babies and Mills was in heaven. There were dogs and horses. There were pockets full of flowers, leaves as big as your head and legos galore. There were guns and clay pigeons and Dave letting go of the handle bars of the motorcycle. There was pranks and trampoline jumping and injuries for each child. There was scum and Black Friday and all day prego sickness. In a word, Bliss. All of the things I am most thankful for(almost-Selman clan was AWOL ) Just see for yourself.







































10 comments:

Lori Muir said...

Oh thank heaven for chaos. One of my favorite lines from Four Christmases was.. "That's not Christmas, that's chaos" or something close to that. I'm glad you had fun but sorry you had all day prego sickness. Yuch!

Jen said...

Too cute you are.. and BTW CONGRATULATIONS!!! My new sleep-deprived mommy brain is a little slow... see you tomorrow??? (That wasn't a question)

Tyler and Emily said...

You are one hot mama, love the picture of you with the boys. Pregnancy=h.e.double hockey sticks. sorry your sick. oh my gosh Nicole is having twins. holy crap. yes we must all get together over the holidays. I'm going to email everyone. Nice to see a picture of Kimmy at your Thanksgiving. I thought she fell off the face of the planet. I love her awesome blog...not.

Ben and Darci said...

Prego??? Congratulations! I never realized your blog was so entertaining. I foresee you as being a very famous children's book author someday. Or writing some witty advice book for ladies.

Megan Andrea said...

you are most definitely the pretty sister. glad your thanksgiving turned out to not suck. way to go. see you in 15

DebLawson said...

So fun! Glad you got to hang with family and spend some time in ID!
I agree... holidays MUST include chaos and family! Last year we stayed here for Christmas, and it was fine in the morning, but by afternoon we were all saying...."This stinks! We miss our family!"
Hence... our planned 10 day trip to CA for Christmas! YEA!
Glad you had a GREAT Thanksgiving!

Yoga was great today! I'm so glad I figured how to do Yoga without killing my broken back!

Emily said...

I'm so glad you guys decided to come to Parma after all, and yes, Dave letting go of the handlebars was classic!

The Despain Gang said...

So jealous so jealous. You had all the family Parma fun. Again, jealous! :) Glad you had a Happy Thanksgiving. It appears Aunt Barbara out did herself once again--tell her I love the table spread--very festive and appropriately Barbara! You really had quite the get together with Jeff, you guys, Kim, Kevin, Jeremy, Janette, and Daniel. Lots of Bakes together--always a hoot.

Tami said...

Not another black friday will pass without thinking of you. What great memories. Glad we could share them.

Maria said...

The hammock picture is vaguely familiar. Did you come to see us? So sorry we missed you. Gald you took time to hang out! Hope to see you soon!