Once upon a time there was this girl who decided that she needed to have another baby. This was a smart girl, a clever girl. A girl who knew what she was made of and knew her limits. So she did it, she procreated. SHAZAM! Now this girl had done this before. Three times people, she was a pro at growin' babes in her womb. But like all good stories this one has a twist. Turns out, a pro she was not. She was ridiculous. Unmotivated, tired, sloppy, weepy, whiney and not a little bit crazy. She neglected her children, her husband, her home, her friends, her family, her blog, her duties. She grew and grew unitl she was the size of a healthy baby hippo, with no end in sight. She despised her doctor, her toenails, her wardrobe, the smell of boiled eggs, and Joan Rivers. She became seriously addicted to Dr. Pepper, reality T.V. chili/lime ramen noodles, all things sweet and Tums. She developed a waddle, amnesia, and a complex. She was hopeless.
But don't give up on her. She is going to find that strength and ability she knows is deep inside and she is going to rise above(imagine Eye of the Tiger starting to build) She is going to clean her house. She is going to blog. She is going to take this pregnancy to the next level. She will overcome. Just you wait...............................................
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Love your stories.
"It's the eye of the tiger it's the thrill of the fight, risin' up to the challenge of a rival..." You can do it!
You poor thing! Only a few more months to go right?
You are so funny! Good look with these last few months of your pregnancy, I know you can do it! I feel like I neglect my house, my husband and my child frequently and I'm not even pregnant!
Cleaning your house is SO over rated - let's go get a DP instead!
You can do it!!!!
You are a most wonderful gal...
But give yourself a BREAK! you ARE preggo.....
:)
Can I just tell ya I hear ya. Do you know how many times I have told myself and others that I am going to wait and have at least three years between my children?! And then what do I do I go and get myself pregnant and then I remember why I said I was going to wait 3 years before having another one. But after this one it is for real I am waiting 3 years!
Here is the deal though. I feel that if my house is clean once a week I am good and if I only yell one time a day then I am doing awesome and last but not least I figure if I get my lazy butt up and get one thing done everyday then I AM A SUPERSTAR!
Mandee
ShaZam. You're awesome. There's no such thing as sucking at pregnancy. Growing another human gives you the right to focus on growing another human! Neglect away.
Once upon a time there was a girl who had four kids, was NOT preggers, and said at least 27 times a day "I am going to lose my ever-lovin' mind." She was tired, cranky, over worked, unmotivated, and just plain a disgrace. And she was not growing another human inside of her body!!! By dang Marnae, milk it for all it's worth. You have an excuse....now what's mine???
You know I love you tons and don't believe for one second all of those things you said about yourself (except for the mass quantites of Dr. Pepper part.) Now, when is the next book club so that I can tell you just how damn foolish you are! :) Keep growing that babe in your womb....you rockstar!
Whatever, you were ALL OVER the perfect mother thing when we saw you last week: making yummy dinner, homemade cake for Millie, clean house, entertaining guests ... if that's you on a bad day I'd better watch out for when you're healthy! We loved seeing you guys.
LOL; I love to read your blog. Good luck with the next 77 days!
You rock Marnae! Heck, I have a hard time with all that stuff and I'm not pregnant. :) I can't wait to see your cute baby!
Soon all will be forgotten when you have that little bundle in your arms. Good luck Marnae!!
Oh how I love your and your darling blog. I always laugh my eyeballs out.
Post a Comment