Well my sweet gal is absolutely the best thing since sliced bread and high speed internet. She is an exploring maniac which makes my heart sing a little song when I think of all of the great adventures we are going to go on. As far as babes go she is #1. The only problem that I can see with babies is that they have no idea what to throw all of there wonder and awe into. Case in point.
LAUNDRY!

She loves watching the clothes go round and round with the soapy water. She enjoys trying to pull the clothes out and put them in again. She likes to pull all of the folded clothes out of the laundry basket and crawl over the mountains of folded socks and undies in our living room.

And as I watch my sweet girl basking in the laundry bliss I can't help but feel a little bit of sorrow. Because lets face it. Laundry is of the devil. It never ends. It is not about the washer and dryer only. It involves sorting and pre-stain removing and pulling wet, muddy little boy socks out of the bottom of the hamper and trying not to gag. It is holding up a shirt and wondering what in the name of all that is pure and holy died on it. It is diaper explosion onesies and my sweet smelling husband's not so sweet smelling socks. It is huge piles of washed clothes on my floor waiting to be folded and put away. It is not my friend. In fact, it very well may be the bane of my existence.

So I see my gal with her eyes full of wonder, innocent and untainted by all that laundry truly means and I think if only....if only....I was able to view things through Millie's eyes. Eyes full of wonderous awe and appreciation. Instead I have my eyes.. laundry-loathing, angry eyes. Do you think Lasik can fix that ?
Don't even get me started.
10 comments:
I'm stalking your blog off of Carrie's. I just have to say that I agree with your assesment of laundry 100%. When I'm rich, I will have someone to do my laundry and my cleaning and maybe my dishes too. :)
since lasik can accidentally make you blind, i believe the answer is yes. yes, lasik can fix that.
Love this post, and so will the wife. She hates Laundry as well.
I do however take my hat off to you as it sounds as though you really do laundry like a pro. I mean... pre-stain, sorting, folding. WOW.
You need to do what the Clarks do, throw stuff in, wash it in cold with Tide and let the 2 year old sort. It's worked for us.
Of course, we never let anyone come upstairs at our home but hey, that's what basements are for!
That's so funny! We all feel the same way. But man, she looks so dang cute gazing into the washing maching... and can I just say how much COOLER your washing machine is than my 13 year old one?!
Sometimes I laugh with my own girls or with my YW when we talk of marriage and motherhood...these girls have no idea how hard life is after marriage!! I mean, it's wonderful and lovely, too, but also so, so hard. All the laundry and cooking and dishes!! Oh my girls... enjoy being young and single!!!
;)
One more thing...
Yoga is killing my back! I'm so bummed 'cause you're an amazing teacher and I love Yoga a ton! I may still come and just do 50% of what you're doing, I dunno. all I know is, getting old SUCKS! plus this stinky back problem of mine that I've had for 15 years (Thanks,chloe!) just limits what I am able to do these days... how so very sad.
:(
Just wanted you to know why I wasn't there Monday.
Hey marnae, who needs to talk on the phone? All I need to do is read for a few minutes a day and have all the friend info I can dream of. pretty great blog. I guess someday I'll do one, not yet though, and maybe I really won't. just trying to wish I was into it. I love you. wish that I were in that mountain area with the babbling brook and sun shine, hiking around, caring about ourselves...........so much to recall and love. chat later. lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
I soooo love Reese Peanut Butter anything as well. Thanks for always checking the site and I'm soo glad that we got to know you and your fam. No matter where you end up, we can at least keep in touch via these fun sites of ours.
But, before you do bounce outta state, we need to get together a few times I agree. Maybe we can get Kelly in on a get together as well. I love that girl.
Much love to the Bake clan!!
Amen. That's all I'm going to say. I'm glad Millie likes laundry now, cause one day she'll probably hate it as much as you do. It's the bane of my existence too. BTW, it was fun talking to you the other night. I think you're wonderful!!!
I also need to get your e-mail address to re-invite you to my blog. I made it private cause I had some serious stalker issues going on.
love you guys...hey, if you come visit us I will do your dishes and laundry all week!
Post a Comment