So my little gal may be weird. She wants more than anything to stick her little fingers in the vaseline jar and rub it on her body. I have to actually hide the thing so she can't see it and be tempted. ODDY McOdderson!
Friday, July 11, 2008
Round 2
Morning oddities:
So my little gal may be weird. She wants more than anything to stick her little fingers in the vaseline jar and rub it on her body. I have to actually hide the thing so she can't see it and be tempted. ODDY McOdderson!


We made the mistake of introducing Mills LaRue to Elmo. I say mistake because all day long she stares longingly at the tube and says "Elmo" and then tries to sing the La la la la theme song. This day she had had it with me and so decided she was going to turn the dang movie on all by herself.
Look at the sheer determination, concentration that quickly turned to frustration.
Hey lady! Put that camera down and do what I say. Elmo La La La La.
I just have to quote my father on this one, "Nice bum, where ya from?"
So my little gal may be weird. She wants more than anything to stick her little fingers in the vaseline jar and rub it on her body. I have to actually hide the thing so she can't see it and be tempted. ODDY McOdderson!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
So funny; LOL! You make me laugh so much! I love the dialog and the way you write your blog--so fun. Elmo is intoxicating for little kids. I don't quite get it. Boston is totally that way with Curious George the TV show on PBS. He is obsessive about Curious George. Funny kids!
I love reading your blog to remind myself that the things I deal with as a mom do happen to all moms and we can survive if we remember to laugh about it. The whole Vaseline thing takes me back to a time when I had to hide this same product from my two newly acquired children. Especially the older one. I constantly caught Drew smearing the stuff, not only on himself but all over the bathroom from whence it came. Only this was my 4 year old! (Who had sadly missed out on many sensory experiences in his early years of orphan life. Who wouldn't love to play in the stuff if you didn't get the experience when you were one or two?) Then something wonderful happened. Drew discovered the Mentholatum. This intense aroma and tingly feeling frightened him to death and he never got into the Vaseline or Mentholatum again. Not all smearing experiences are pleasant.
Gage loves vasoline and lotion too. And Elmo as well.
hee hee, so funny! I love that picture of her actually rubbing it on her shirt!
I heard her sing the La La La La Elmo song once at your house, soooo cute!
Your kids are awesome!
Post a Comment