Saturday 8th Henry David Bake(on the church records Dickes) got baptized by his Grandpa David Ronald Selman and confirmed by his father David Lorin Bake. It was a little surreal for a few reasons. #1 Henry is 8 and I am still a little shocked by the whole thing. My child old enough to be baptized? #2 My father baptized him. Now to those of you who did not grow up in the Selman household you can not understand just how big this is. This was my dad's first time ever baptizing anyone. A few years ago my dad decided after about 40 years of inactivity( he was a member long enough to be baptized like the rest of the neighbor boys)to start going to church. In fact he is so new to the whole priesthood thing that he did not even hold it when Max was blessed(5 years ago) It was amazing. Plus add to that my dear tenderhearted husband doing the confirmation and it was a very sweet experience. I am so glad Henry wanted to be baptized and truly seemed to understand what that really means. Hopefully this is his first step in a long line of steps that keep him close to his Father in Heaven. I am so proud.
Monday, December 17, 2007
Sins washed away? Check!
Saturday 8th Henry David Bake(on the church records Dickes) got baptized by his Grandpa David Ronald Selman and confirmed by his father David Lorin Bake. It was a little surreal for a few reasons. #1 Henry is 8 and I am still a little shocked by the whole thing. My child old enough to be baptized? #2 My father baptized him. Now to those of you who did not grow up in the Selman household you can not understand just how big this is. This was my dad's first time ever baptizing anyone. A few years ago my dad decided after about 40 years of inactivity( he was a member long enough to be baptized like the rest of the neighbor boys)to start going to church. In fact he is so new to the whole priesthood thing that he did not even hold it when Max was blessed(5 years ago) It was amazing. Plus add to that my dear tenderhearted husband doing the confirmation and it was a very sweet experience. I am so glad Henry wanted to be baptized and truly seemed to understand what that really means. Hopefully this is his first step in a long line of steps that keep him close to his Father in Heaven. I am so proud.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Congratulations Henry!! You are a cutie!!
For cute! Mills is almost there. The other day I told her that she didn't have to get baptised if she didn't want to. It was her choice. She looked at me as if I had grown antlers. For those that don't know Mills, she is pretty much a patron saint at her tender age of seven.
How swell that your dad got to do it too. Good call Marn!
What a special post. You'll never forget that day.
Post a Comment