Monday, August 18, 2008

We are back together

Turns out that my blog and I broke up for the summer. It went down something like this.....

Blog: Yo, Marnae, seems like you don't have time for me anymore, dog.
Me: Quit trippin' why you alls, like, up in my bizness?
Blog: I axsing you is this for real or are you, like, hangin' with some other thang?
Me: Ok, so me and summer we are, like, real tight, yo, and I think you are, like, suffocating me and stuff. So, like, step off.
Blog: Fo reals?
Marnae: Yup, adios sucka! Peace!

It is true, summer and I really were tight. We were just really connecting on a very deep level. Things were dreamy. Downright romantic. Then something strange happened. Summer started acting all distant. Quit returning my texts. It has been very rough. I am not sure what I did. Then out of the blue....

Blog: Hi there you.
Me: Blog, wow! Long time no see. How have you been?
Blog: Ok, I guess. You look really good. Nice tan. Did you get a hair cut? How's summer?
Me: Thanks! Um, summer and I don't really talk all that much anymore.
Blog: Hmm. Maybe we should hang out sometime. I mean, uh, only if you want to.
Me: That actually sounds nice. I will call you.
Blog: Do. Yeah, you do that.

So we are kind of back together we have decided that we are going to take things real slow. We have a lot of catching up to do.

11 comments:

The Despain Gang said...

LOL, You're hilarious! I've missed you and so glad you and blog made up. I too already miss summer though. The temp, sky, tone, and feeling seems to have changed to fall in about one day--just bam different. Anyway, glad you're back. I needed my Marnae fix! :)
-Melissa

The Despain Gang said...

On a side note, you should join goodreads so I can see all the great books you've read and read your reviews.

Grendel, is that by John Gardner?

Who is the author of How We Die?

I love your book list--I added a bunch to my "to-read" list. Thanks!
-Melissa

Jen said...

Is your blog a gangster??! You're too funny.

Bake Party of 6 said...

Marnae, I'm glad you both worked things out and are giving your relationship another try. I think your awesome together and you make a great team. I will forever be heartbroken if you breakup permanently. Be patient and only give blog the attention when your ready, don't feel pressured. You can do it, Girl Power Rules! love ya :)

Anonymous said...

dear marnae, your hilarity never disappoints. i love you and am glad that you and your blog are striking up relations again.

Megan Andrea said...

meg: you're weird
marn: i know
meg: i still love you and you will always be my favorite sister
marn: thanks and you mine and my biggest hero. and inspiration, and favorite person of all time ect ect ect (thanks amy's diary)

cpcox99 said...

You make me laugh! I'm glad you and the blog are back together. I broke up with mine for a while too. :)

Monica said...

Funny..Funny... Funny. Good thing you are back together.
You+Blog= meant to be!!

DebLawson said...

Welcome back, yo.

disneyking said...

I soo needed this post today. You always make me smile soo much and I found that this post is exactly what happened to me and my blog this summer. We totally just needed some time apart to sort out some spatial issues and what not.
Hopefully we'll get back together here in the near future though. This post gives me hope that such reconciliation is possible.
Much love!

Jared & Larisa said...

Nice! You are one funny lady.