Friday, February 8, 2008

Child Labor anyone?

Years ago I realized that in order to make life run smoothly I had to have help. The only problem was that the people available to help me where minors, roughly 2 and 5 years old. So I ignored all those silly laws and introduced Max and Henry to the fine art of child labor. They are useful. They can help with laundry, vacuuming, mopping, dusting, straightening, putting things away, what-have you. They are little work horses and best of all they have to do exactly what I say, because I am the mom. Now don't kid yourself, they hate every second of it and try to whine their way out of work, but being the task-master that I am I have come up with the whining=more jobs rule.
Well the other day I had the boys cleaning the living room Max had moved all of the chairs from the kitchen and was wiping them down. Henry was on dust-duty. All of the sudden....Henry was crying. Seems he had stood on a chair to dust the top of the entertainment center and the glass door was open so his head caught the corner of the glass door. Yes that is his hair.


Not a happy boy.The blood!!! Oh the horror!!!His busy little worker bee brother.
Don't fret though he did recover and was able to finish his jobs. I think they are learning some of life's lessons and becoming so good at the doing their jobs and doing them well. So I try to ignore the whisperings of workman's comp. and all the Jimmy Hoffa posters in their room. Long live mothers and the children who are forced to work for them!!!!!

2 comments:

Megan Andrea said...

you are a slave driver!!!!!love it.

Christian said...

Miss you too hun! I wish we lived closer. I have no one here to talk to other than Jon and you know how that goes. Your kids are so big I can't believe it. Miss Millie is adorable!
Love ya hun and miss ya bunches!