Sunday, May 4, 2008

Icky sicky!

Let me just say that sickness + Millie-my patience, divided by the square root of human suffering over the croup X excessive nasal emissions = lots of tears and not a few kleenexes. My gal has been sick, for what seems like the dawn of time. It has been pretty rough around here. She has that painful, barky cough and watery eyes and that tight weezy-breathing chest and that faucet-o-snot nose and could possibly be teething and has a weird, ithcy rash on her bum cheek and she is down-right sick of it. Mostly she is whimpering or full-fledged crying or in a bizarre state of bliss or in the tub. So pray for us because it doesn't seem to be letting up. What I need to do is just pop over the border and get us some Paragoric and put us both on a very high dose. (Anyone remember this stuff? Opium in a bottle. Parents doled it out for all kinds of maladies, mainly diarrhea. Kids are lulled into an opium-induced state of calm and parents get a few hours of peace. Sadly you can't buy it OTC in the States anymore. Man, the FDA are a bunch of kill-joys)

A contrast: Above-Millie sick and afflicted. Below- my gal in her true state

4 comments:

Tyler and Emily said...

I've heard the best remedy for a sick child is to send them to London...I actually really just read that a 40 minute tube ride is equivalent to the toxins you get from smoking 2 cigarettes- my baby is so lucky. I miss you so much I might die. p.s. I hope I get audited because I didn't do any CE credits and don't plan on doing any anytime soon.

disneyking said...

ahhh, I'm sooo sorry to hear that you've got the sickness rolling through the house. There's nothing worse in the world.
We'll keep you in our thoughts and prayers and hopefully, the warmer weather will do what it does best and bring some much needed health and happiness to the House of Bake.

Monica said...

sick kids are seriously the pits. SO SAD! The way you were talking about square roots and all the very intellecutal stuff I would say your blog very smart. I love your writing....does this mean I am a kindergartener???

The Despain Gang said...

She's so cute! Thanks for the comment on my adoption blog--Dave's cousin (Melissa). You can view my every day blog at www.thedespaingang.blogspot.com. She's such a blue-eyed beauty!
-Melissa