Monday, September 15, 2008

Back in the day..........

I can not tell a lie, I love me a reunion. The Bake family all met at High Cliffs in Oregon for one heck of a reunion. The theme was Olympics. We ate and chatted and waterslided, and chatted and volleyballed and baked in the sun and chatted. It was great. Millie was wonderful thanks to a mop bucket filled with water (the girl spent hours in the thing), the temperature was a balmy 106F, I barely even saw the boys , what with the waterslide, cousins, swings, and nature, and the Bake family was divine. I love all of my in-laws. What a great way to spend the 4th.
Ma and Pa Bake

Trying to get some baby kisses, to no avail.
Max loving the waterslide

That girl of mine

And the girl, again

People pay good money for nannies that aren't this awesome!

I did a whole heck-of-a-lot of this
The Bake Olympics were serious bizness!
Kimby and her perfect limbo form
Mimi and the love bucket
Henry and his little buddy
Max at the family talent show with an impromptu rendition of "I am a Child of God"
I wasn't kidding about this being her happy place.
Grandpa using Kristy as a work horse during a family sit and tell.
Grandma, Grandpa and Grandkids (check out the happy face on Mugs)
The whole gang(excluding Darren, Rachelle, and Jared and theirs and Emily and Cannon)
Go Bakes!

8 comments:

Tami said...

You're Awesome! It was so much fun to relive our happy memories of the summer. Thanks for sharing your pictures and memories.

Lori Muir said...

I didn't know all I had to do was hire a bucket filled with water for the summer for Jace. That looked like so much hot fun. Are you going to play volleyball with our ward? 6 p.m. Thursday the 18th. Bring those mad skills.

Bake Party of 6 said...

Such Fun! Your boys looked like they were in heaven. Little Millie, she is too cute and I loved the bucket thing. We are looking forward to "Bake reunion 2009". Bring on the volleyball GAME ON!

Emily said...

I was so sad to miss it this year, I really wanted to go jump in the lake like we did last year! That's hillarious about Millie and her mop bucket. It's funny how you spend money on cool toys, and they end up liking something as simple as a mop bucket better!

HeatherK said...

Hello!
Marnae you need to become a writer!!! I mean it.. you are so talented! I love reading your blog.. your I love women post was so good.. I almost started crying. so start writing a book! I'll be the first one to buy it!

HeatherK said...

oh, and I wanna hear some of the good books your reading.. I need a new one..

The Despain Gang said...

WOW thanks for the pics. It's great to see all the Bake grandkids that we don't see often enough. Oh main I love that Barbara; she's an amazing rock. Thanks for sharing.
-Melissa
PS: Millie is so funny about her bucket. :)

cpcox99 said...

What a fun reunion. I laughed at the pics of Millie in the bucket. Now why do we spend money on expensive toys?