Hold up, this is not me exiting any closet.
I just got done with my fantastic book club and I can't believe how much I enjoy it. My mom came tonight for the first time, which was perfect. There is something to be said about women friends and getting to just chat and chat. I have found that this group is right up my alley. NOTHING, and I mean it, is off limits to talk about. I feel like I could say anything and it would be accepted.
Here is my truth...I need friends. I need to hear how they are doing this life thing. How they are parenting and wifing and cooking and reading and living. I need them to be a witness to my existence, to my femininity, to my vulnerability, to my insecurity. I need to hear my thoughts in their words. See my beliefs in their actions. Feel my pain in their tears. I need be connected by experiences and ideas. I need to make them giggle and get caught up in a laugh. To find peace in the closeness of women. To be different, but familiar. To see my soul mirrored in their faces. Nothing testifies more of the fact that my Father in heaven knows me than the friends he has brought into my life. They have given me strength when my wells have run dry. Therapy for free. Some have even believed in me when there was not much left to believe in. I feel like I have been so blessed by the friendships that I have enjoyed. Some are so far away, some lost, some new, some will endure no matter what. All are dear and true. All are needed and cherished and loved, by me.
Each friend represents a world in us, a world possibly not born until they arrive, and it is only by this meeting that a new world is born. Anais Nin
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
10 comments:
DITO!!! I still had a smile on my face when I woke up this morning ;)--- AT 6 AM thanks to the 3 year-old!!!
I always think - I can't believe what a fun and fantastic group of gals we've found ourselves in. And after last night I'm seriously thinking I need to reschedule my c-section in Nov just so I don't miss it!!! What's one more day, right??? The kid can just stay in his womb while mommy has her girl's night out.
Oh Marnae--I just love you! What a great, great being you are!! You have certainly blessed my life with your friendship. I love you and miss you so.
I was sad I didn't get to see you at Onion Days. We will catch up soon.
HAPPY BIRTHDAY MARNAE! I hope you are having a good day. I really wanted to come to your shoe party last week but I had to work:( We all need to get together soon!
Oh that rings so true for me today. Tonight is my book club and honestly I've been anticipating it since that last book club a month ago. We too have a great group of women who can honestly talk about anything. Sometimes our trail of conversation is so surprising but always so enjoyable. I always tell Jer--"Don't wait up!" because I know I'll be like the last person to leave because I just enjoy it so much. Have you ever considered writing a novel? I think you'd be an excellent author; your posts are so amazingly written!
-Melissa
PS: How was the shoe party? So sad I missed it. I hope you received my regret RSVP email.
Marnae, I seriously love you! I too look so forward to book club every month. I had no idea that I would love it this much! And I am so glad that I have gotten to know you, you are such a great person and I am proud to call you a friend!
Until next month...for our chatting/therapy/laugh fest!!!!!
Beauty Marn, and so true.
Okay, I just had to comment on this post. A few things:
1. Sorry I am such an uber-slacker, and that I didn't make it to your fabulous book club.
2. Can we think of a way to get my husband fired from being the first counselor in the bishopric...that way I'll always be guaranteed to be there. (P.S, don't really answer this question.)
3. I am also an uber-stalker and have been reading your blog for awhile now. You make me giggle.
4. I LOVED the book. Good choice.
5. I am working on practicing doing that one trick that whats-her-name did with her you-know-whats. You know what I mean....awesome....awe inspiring.
6. Have yet to purchase some of the "porno" you know whats, but it's on my too-do list.
7. Hope to see you next month!
So, just thought that I would quickly comment on my comment and others. Is that allowed? First of all...man, did my comment sound serious or what? Second for Jen. Please do delay a day! That would be seriously great. Third for Florrie. I'll bet that just by announcing that you can do a trick like Barbara in the book at the next ward party will get Lew canned!
Great post, and that book is sooo great! I'm assuming we are talking about Water for Elephants, right? :)
Glad you are in a super cool book club, dude.
BTW, I have a niece named Anais, named after Nin! :)
My Marnae! I love all your friend words. I called you today to get your spin on the debate last night. I love you friend. you have beautiful words.
lizzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz
Post a Comment