Saturday, November 17, 2007

I am a child of God

Well Max had a little pal over today and Dave was listening to them talk and here is what he heard....

Max: (in a monster voice)"I am a child of God..."
Toby: "Do you even go to church?"
Max: "Yes"
Toby: "What church do you go to?"
Max:" I don't know. The one over there down the road."

Playing resumed for awhile and then....

Max: (in a monster voice)" I am a child of God..."
Toby: "Are you making fun of the Lord Jesus?"
Max: at a loss for words..."um, No"

Then in their sweet little 5 year old voices they broke into a very spiritual(not making fun of the Lord Jesus) rendition of "I am a child of God".

Ahhh, the comfort of knowing that my children's friends will keep them on the path to eternal salvation.

2 comments:

leslie said...

heh heh, that is hilarious. that is a kid i can get on board with. hey, i am leslie and i am friends with matt and megan. i'm exploring meg's links and wanted to say hi. your kids are adorable!

ArringtonZoo said...

Marnae, that is hilarious! I was laughing so hard just imagining it. I just love the things kids say. I love your blog because it reminds me so much of my kids and the funny things that they do.

Shelby