Thursday, August 2, 2007

Sunday dinner is so fun

Since we bought our house, I have actually been acting more adult-like. For example, rather than always munging off my poor, hardworking mother I occasionally do the Sunday dinner thing at our house. Mind you I don't really pull it off as well as she does. I am not the best at gauging how much to cook, timing things so the whole meal is done at the same time, or actually having all of the ingredients needed for the meal I planned. But I do love having a home that people can come to and I can feed them.
This is three generations of Gubler girls. Just think, one day Millie will get to do the Sunday dinner cooking. Do you think I could find a cuter family if I tried? P.S.
I had to try and happy blog about this day because some old lady asked me when I was going to have my baby! Has anybody had this demoralizing experience? I didn't know whether to cry and run away or punch the old mean lady and then cry and run away. So I opted to just meekly say. "Um, ah, well you see, ur my baby is 3 months old and I sort of have this condition where I am addicted to Zingers, all the while trying to flee, just flee the humiliation. But don't cry for me Argentina, on Wednsday I joined Weight Watchers and lost 2.2lbs the first week. So in your face you old bag! ( sorry, I am sure she is a nice person and all. I think it is my addiction talking.)

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

um, i joined weight watchers on saturday!! i knew we were kindred spirits all along, marn.

ps. i want to have a baby just so i can have a baby in a bumbo. i've been dreaming about it for months.

Anonymous said...

um, one more thing...i meant to leave the last part of that last comment on your bumbo blog. duh. too bad i can't keep everything straight in my head.

Anonymous said...

I like it that mom and Millie are pulling the same face in the picture of the three of you.